Sunday, July 29, 2007

Zamboni's Arrival

Well, Zamboni arrived early one morning just as I was on my way to work. I greeted him happily, let him know where he'd been staying, and regretfully informed him that I had to be on shift soon. But elephants are actually a quite curious kind, and he was interested to see where I worked. So, I figured a quick tour around the station wouldn't hurt.

First, I let him see the cars, get in, and have a look around.

And, of course, like any young man, he wanted to play with the lights, which I gladly let him do.

As he happily toyed with the lights and sirens, I went inside the station to grab some equipment and paperwork for the day. When I came back out, it became apparent that Zamboni was really getting into the job. I found him in my husband's car learning the ropes of paperwork, inspections, reports, and our mobile control units.



Alas, it was time to get on the road, and Zamboni had to leave. But upon returning home, I saw that Zamboni had met Celery, and they were relaxing happily in the shade of a tree.

Sadly, Celery will be leaving soon, but Zamboni has a bit more to his vacation getaway. :-)

3 comments:

Trexx said...

Celery I'm sure was very pleased to meet another illustrious buddy! Thanks for keeping her.

midlandtrailblazer said...

wow, what a first day!

midlandtrailblazer said...

has sarge shown up at your place yet?